Bright

Bright

I like the orc makeup, Joel Edgerton and the lore built up around orcs and humans. THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE MOVIE! If this was maybe a Lord of the Rings type of thing it would have been easier to digest. This also should have been written by David Ayer because I love End of Watch, that movie and the dialogue between the two leads feels real. The writing here is atrocious! Bad jokes, weird lines that don’t necessarily make sense grammatically, it’s like they used the 2nd draft of the script that was half peer reviewed, Jesus I wish Ayer wrote this.

And if you want to disassociate yourself from suicide squad maybe don’t use music the same way that that movie did, Jesus that got on my nerves real quick. They brought up the prophecy so many times yet said hardly anything about it, that was a more interesting movie to me. There’s a scene with a bunch of orcs ganging up on Edgerton and Smith and it was probably the best one because it was the closest to bringing the built up lore and this version of present day together and it has an amazing piece of music playing that really make the scene great.

Also the whole racism angle is so heavy handed and poorly written and gets lost quickly because it doesn’t stand out, if you want to see a movie about racism from this year watch Detroit or Get Out. Honestly I saw this movie for free in my home I’d rather pay $20 to see The Last Jedi for a 3rd time.