The Batman

The Batman

I knew I’d like this once I saw the trailer / Pattinson declared as the lead .. I’m happy with it. I wonder if director + producers would often stop scenes and ask “No, you have to go slower” .. everyone speaks and moves at a slow pace that the fast car chases or motorcycle scenes are like pure adrenaline shots. Pattinson is an adorable heir, long emo hair and perfect chiseled jawline to expose to the world as The Batman. I was delighted for the first two acts.. second favorite scene was the masterful funeral / DA solving riddles scene, wonderfully suspenseful.. first favorite scene was obviously when Batman flies away and tries to launch his parachute and just fails… falls, struggles to get up, moans.. I’m a huge fan of Batman returning to a young character, an imperfect character, one who feels pain and doesn’t have to show us blood (sidenote, maybe this is why I loved this film? no direct gaudy blood anywhere?). The third act is where I started to feel overstimulated.. now there’s a storyline of how communities gather on the internet, an infrastructure disaster.. enough! I think about in “Dark Knight” when it showed the disastrous jail scene with no sound… that’s good balance. Overall, good, I think Selina Kyle would have cat ears on her motorcycle helmet though.

And I was geeked to hear the “Something in the way” needle drops!

Block or Report