Hardcore Henry ★★★★½

"Hardcore Henry" seems to be a movie only made for me since I'm probably the only user on this site who will actually admit they had the time of their lives with this.

This is a movie right up my alley. It's trashy. It's insane. It's bloody. It makes very little sense a good amount of the time. And you know what? I had one stupid goofy smile on my face from begining to end. It remind me a lot of "Crank" in that they're both seeming self aware of what they are and who's watching it.

Not in the way something like "Deadpool" is quote unquote "Self Aware", in that they think they're smarter than they actually are. It's self aware that it knows it's nothing but a trashy first roller coaster and gives you exactly what you want which is a lot of people getting punched, stabbed, blown up, and so on!

Me and my father next to me were laughing so hard at the pure absurdity of it all and the fact that what we were watching was actually put to film and in theaters. We even appalled several times since we saw it at a first showing at a local theater with no one else in it.

Why isn't Sharlto Copley given enough credit when it comes to his acting range? In fact, why isn't this guy in more movies!? I think he could be my favorite actor working today if he keeps it up since my god! He having the time of his life playing several different versions of himself in different scenes.

One scene in particular had me laughing so hard I think I came close to actually crying. I won't spoil it, but I'll just say it might be my favorite scene in any movie so far this year. But beyond that, how is the actual action in this "Action" movie?

Well, I'll say this. If you are prone to motion sickness, DO NOT! I REPEAT! DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE! YOU WILL NOT ONLY VOMIT ALL OVER THE PEOPLE INFRONT OF YOU AND YOUR POPCORN, BUT YOU MIGHT ACTUALLY HAVE YOUR EYES FALL OUT OF YOUR HEAD!

As for me? I'll admit the shaky cam in the first act of the movie did kinda leave me confused as to what the hell was going on, but once Henry starts using guns and such, it becomes a lot more fun and enjoyable to watch.

Stunt work is impressive on top of the camera work in many areas though it does feel as if you could see people doing stuff like this on YouTube for free instead of having to pay for it, but whatever. Soundtrack is pretty sweet too regarding actual score and many songs they choice to play during scenes.

With all that said, it's not all great. For example outside of Sharlto Copley and maybe the main villain who can be a decent enough threat (More than I can say for that piece of worthless ass they called a villain in "Deadpool"), most of the acting isn't exactly that impressive. Then again, it's isn't an actor focused film so meh I guess?

On top of that, the third act does lose a bit of steam trying to throw in a couple admittedly admirable twists into the mix, but they don't work out as well as they probably think they do.

And while some of the more practical effects used in the movie are pretty damn good, some of the CGI work ranges from iffy to down right terrible. This is apparent with a lot of how the more big explosions look, along with one scene during the ending that I swear looked worse than the average YouTube video.

But honestly I don't really care, because this did something that likes of "10 Cloverfield Lane" and "Zootopia" did. As soon as it was over, I wanted to watch it again. I could totally see this becoming a great late night movie for me once it comes out on DVD or online! And it's so fast and frantic that the pace goes by like "THAT" if you're along with the ride!

"Hardcore Henry" isn't for everyone, but I had a serious amount of fun with it in the only way I can with movies made by people who are clearly insane. Fucking Russians, man. They need to make all the movies now if they're anything like this.

So if you like stuff like "Crank" and can stand a little bit of shaky cam, I'd recommend checking this out! And if your on the fence, wait for it to come online is the best option I got.

Oh, and on another note, I JUST REACHED OVER 700 FOLLOWERS! You guys are seriously the best! I can't thank you guys enough! I can't put into words how much I love you all for helping me get so far in what feels like such a short amount of time!

And I think I know the perfect way to celebrate.....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E1e55TzkMQ&nohtml5=False

THE ROAD TO 1,000 IS IN OUR GRASP EVERYONE!!!!!!!

Arielrocks5 liked these reviews