Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ★★

I dig Affleck as Batman, less so as Bruce Wayne. Love Jeremy Irons as Alfred but he gets no screen-time. Gadot seems like a perfect Wonder Woman. I enjoyed some of the completely over-the-top, overly dramatic musical cues because they're a great reminder that this needs to be an over-the-top, overly dramatic confrontation; something's that's going to go down in the history books.

It's not, though.

I am surprised a movie this poorly edited, of this scale, was deemed worthy of public consumption. It takes forever get going. Scratch that. It never gets going. Scenes are way too shot, the movie has no sense of pace or rhythm. It's a mess. Not an entertaining mess either - a disjointed, painfully annoying mess. It's Batman versus Superman. That's the ultimate conflict. It should be the biggest hype match since the East Coast/West Coast rap battle. The movie spends 2/3s of its run-time setting up this conflict, but it does a fairly poor job at convincing me why these two meta-humans should fight (beyond any reasoning you couldn't draw from a trailer). But who cares, they're going to fight, right? So how do you fuck that up? They fight for maybe ten minutes, then team up, because guess what, there's a bigger threat.

Yawn.