Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood

Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood ★★★★★

This is one of those movies where I wasn't that into it at first, but by the time I got home from the theater and let it all sink in, I was head over heels in love with it. In my opinion, it's Quentin's best film since Jackie Brown. It felt less like the guy who directed Kill Bill and more like something the Coen Brothers would've made.

The attention to detail is incredible. Hollywood in 1969 couldn't be more spot-on than what we see here, and from what I hear, there was no CGI. Everything we see is real.

It's so weird to me still, how I wasn't that into it initially, because now I think it's my favorite Tarantino film. After this, I don't want to believe his next film will be his last, especially if he's dead serious about directing the next Star Trek movie.

And Leo better win the Oscar next year. Forget his performance in The Revenant. This is his greatest yet.

*spoilers*

The ending was ludicrous, but I must say, as someone who loathed (with extreme prejudice) Charles Manson and his "brainwashed" family and was repulsed by what really happened, it was so damn satisfying to see those murdering assholes be turned into a bunch of jackasses who completely fucked up their plan. Brad Pitt was absolutely wonderful there. I was laughing while yelling "Jesus Christ!" the whole time.

Block or Report