The Mitchells vs. The Machines

The Mitchells vs. The Machines ★★★★★

So this film hit a little too close to home for me. For those who don't want to read a bunch - the film is fucking amazing. Comedy is top notch, writing is smart, animation is fucking phenomenal and overall this is the most wholesome film 2021 has offered so far. Great film, highly recommend. Also this review does get into spoiler territory, so avoid the rest if you wanna go in blind (which I highly recommend one does).

This film hit me in the sense of having family always there to have your back. For those who know me, you know my family doesn't really have my back. Not in the sense that I would like. Why is this different from all the films that focus on family being a great support system and such? The main character Katie is the biggest reason. Much like she says in the film, "Movies have always been there for me." Literally the story of my life there. But how we differ is that her father finally accepted her and understood her. Wish mine could do that. Not to mention, she wants to go to a college far away to get away from her family and pursue that dream of hers that so few people she knows understand. That is what I tried to do, I got waitlisted for an answer to arrive in August and I now have to go to school 20 minutes away from my home. I love this film dearly but MAN DID IT MAKE ME FEEL HOPELESS. Which is odd because this is the most wholesome film of the year and hopeful. Anyway, just wanted to get that off my chest. Tomorrow is my Prom and I'm sure to avoid multiple people and they avoid me back, further solidifying my ever growing loneliness. Highly recommend this and I hope you all enjoy it.

AsdfBatman liked this review