Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood

Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood ★★★★★

I love movies for many reasons, Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood showcases all of them. It’s funny, audacious, entertaining, engaging, fun, and beautiful. It’s an achievement in entertainment, and it’s one of the greatest films I have ever had the pleasure to see.

This is, by far, Quentin’s best film. It’s packed full of brilliance and subtlety. It’s expertly written and directed, topped off with astounding performances.

It tells the story of actor Rick Dalton. He’s a fading face in Hollywood, along with his best friend and stuntman Cliff Booth. It’s also about actress Sharon Tate, as she lives in Hollywood. It’s about the city’s energy at the time and its environment.

Quentin has made a film so amazing right now. It’s not often where every time I think of a certain film I break into a stupid smile. But Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood does that for me. It’s just so perfect and I’m smiling now just writing this. Can’t wait to see it again.

10/10

P.S. - As a high schooler with raging hormones, I saw the movie for primarily two reasons. One being Margot Robbie, and the other being Margot Robbie. Let’s just say she doesn’t disappoint.

averyjpl liked these reviews