Head Count

Head Count

Dug this one. Fun concept (I love doppelgangers and I kind of like how absurdly specific the premise is, even in the context of this universe), cool sense of style, charmingly normie protag, and constantly just oh-so-slightly eerie. The audience is clued in to the fact that there's something Spooky happening from the very beginning but the movie skirts the feeling of frustration toward the characters for not Seeing It in favor of kinda keeping you guessing too.

I was kind of hoping for a "happier" ending though! With movies where something is Summoned or there's a Curse, there's always a clearly expected (and often just outright STATED) outcome. Nothing wrong with following a curse to completion but isn't it more fun and interesting if something goes Wrong, and something unexpected happens?

[sprawls out on the ground] gimme stories where people experience horrific, ghastly, dreadful Horror and then go on with their future uncertain but still ahead of them!!!! With a little bit of that, I think this movie would have been something special. A solid spooky story nonetheless.