Parasite ★★★★★

I was supposed to log this yesterday, but whatever. Parasite (2019) is still THAT BITCH. Glad I got to see this again on the big screen and contribute a few more coins to its global box office gross.

Everything about this movie got richer, deeper, and so much more fun to watch. Bong Joon-Ho's miraculous and frankly magical way with the camera still surprised and astounded me even if I knew what was gonna happen.

I think that the best indication that a movie is doing a tremendous job is when your audience is entranced by what's onscreen. Everyone I watched with just reacted so loud and audibly, my mom included! Everyone clearly loved it.

I also noticed how immensely awesome Song Kang-Ho's performance is to this film. On my first viewing, I was enamored by the cast, but now I fully see how good and generous he was. Everyone was still great, but I wanna give my kudos to him.

Jung Jae-Il's hypnotic score also stood out for me this time. Don't get me wrong, Parasite will remain that bitch, but his work helped make this one extra mysterious and extra powerful, so twisty and so sharp, it's a perfect fit to what's already a masterpiece of a movie.

It's hard to really discuss and break down this movie without spoiling so I'll just say that it's really great, it holds up perfectly, and I can't wait for the rest of the world to see it on the big screen.

Ian liked these reviews