Parasite ★★★★★

Forgot to log this yesterday! Surprised that this got re-released where I'm from, but I'm here for it. Anything to increase Parasite's worldwide box office grosses as well as spread the word of #BONGHIVE.

Truly my film of the year - ages so well and reveals more of itself as you go along. Shouldn't be a one-off watch because it rewards the viewer with every rewatch. There are new insights and deeper perspectives to be mined every time.

Every character's inner lives and nuances - bursts of anger, buried yearning, insecurities and motives - all of them become clearer and more pronounced, in turn making the film so much richer and infinitely layered.

Big congratulations to the cast on their Screen Actors Guild nomination for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture. On my first viewing, I said that they should be honored and lauded for their fantastic work on this film, and I'm so happy they got props for it. The same members - Cho Yeo-jeong, Park So-dam, and Song Kang-ho, still stood out for me, especially Cho who should be nominated for things because she really chewed the material here and understood Park Yeong-gyo's internal life. Park So-dam relished Ki-jeong's tricks and tips, while Song Kang-ho just killed it, period.

Honestly, just give them everything. They're doing what the other ensembles aren't doing. Top-notch performances; though every role's balanced, the way each player complements the other is a testament to the fullness of 6he material as well as the individual performances. All goes back to the excellence of the flick.

At once scathing and affecting, Parasite carefully traipses thin line between various genres, but it never loses its footing. So confident in conveying what it wants to show and tell. I have no other words except I love this film. Breathtaking and very emotional, this movie, the best! King Bong Joon-ho does it again and we can do nothing about it.

Ian liked these reviews