Suspiria

Suspiria

my mind is trying to formulate something coherent to say about what i just watched but unfortunately that’s impossible. i need around 2-3 years to properly understand what just happened before my eyes and actually think about what went into making this insane experience. this isn’t a movie, it’s an an attack. an attack on your ears and your eyes and your nerves, luca goes all in on every single filmmaking aspect it’s an absolute marvel to watch. the replacement of the beautiful neon lights that the original is known for with a bleak color scheme adds to the harshness and rawness of this “remake”. i used quotations there because honestly this isn’t even a remake it’s like a complete new (and much better) take on what came before which is miles more challenging and thought provoking. sure my brain is still fried but as i slowly recollect my thoughts i keep gasping while remembering THAT third act it’s just so insane and crazy and wild and oh my god i can’t believe it’s real i can’t believe someone had the guts to pull it off wow. maybe someday i’ll actually write something coherent about this near masterpiece just excuse me now while i go get blown away by thom yorkes masterful soundtrack.

ayad liked these reviews