Thor: Ragnarok ★★★★½

Who knew that stripping thor of his hammer and his all-serious tone would be so damn successful. This was an absolute rollercoaster from start to finish, a rollercoaster full of bright colours and mesmerising battle sequences that honestly made my jaw drop. Thor Ragnarok has Taika Waititi written all over it, from his signature comedy to his masterful eye for great dialogue.  The fact that marvel gave this genius the reigns and practically asked him to save a dying trilogy shows that we are  not ready for what’s coming next ( I see you infinity war ).
Chris Hemsworth blows it out of the water with his performance here, the whole cast was execellent. They were funny when they needed to be but also pretty serious and sincere elsewhere. I’m also glad that we got the chance to see the best MCU character of all time, Korg, in all his glory.
The hard part now is having to choose between this and Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2, both are set in space, both are part of the MCU, both are colourful, both are superior to their predecessors...... this is gonna be tough.

ayad liked these reviews