The Dark Knight ★★★★★

There are times, even though they are few, when Hollywood gets everything right. When a movie blows you away to a degree where you can't help but kneel down and thank the heavens you're alive. This was one of those all-too-rare moments.

With its crisp dialogue, stunning action scenes and some of the best actors ever to grace the screen in our modern age, you got everything you need for a great evening rife with goosebumps, excitement and 100% pure entertainment.

That being said, it's my great pleasure to confirm that Christopher Nolan has done it again. As if Batman Begins wasn't enough to please our appetite, he has brought us yet another fantastic comic book adaptation. In fact, this movie is so unbelievably good, that if I had my own award show, these are just some of the titles I would honor it with:

* Best film of 2008

* Best Batman movie ever

* Best comic-book movie ever

* One of the best action films of all-time

* One of the top 10 movies of the decade

I could go on and on all day long with this. My point is, The Dark Knight is not just a movie, it's a cinematic masterpiece that will have you coming back for more. It's the bright ray of hope that Hollywood so desperately needed, to get itself up on its feet again and stand tall like never before. It's the movie that, once and for all, proves that good things come to those who wait.

Mikael liked these reviews