2001: A Space Odyssey

2001: A Space Odyssey ★★★★★

“Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two.”

It's quite simple to express one's thoughts on films which require not much brainpower at all but for films of such high caliber, where the art and ability of film shine greater than the monoliths engulfed in the light of burning, I doubt your typical human words can convey just how insanely masterful this classic is.

The colour red simbolizes danger, in its purest form. It's profound, even as the trippy sequence comes along with Dave passing through waves and bursts of what seems to be rainbow's eruption amidst the blackness of the night skies — it's the deep red you resonate with the most. The colour of blood, spilled in galloons throughout the history of humans, the evolution that occured ten of thousands years back when we were nothing more than wobbling, four-legged apes. Until a shift happened and with that first taste of power, humans' evolution only intensified.

The ending's evokes questions expanding for miles on end, without many answers to find along the way. What is life? Are we here only for a mere millisecond compared to everything else still standing and remaining alive and secure for millions of years? It also makes a great wtf moment, when you think you're on a solid track until the last 20 minutes.

𝑧𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑦 liked these reviews