Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me ★★★★½

Oh shit DAVID'S OFF HIS LEASH AND NO ONE CAN STOP HIM

Started watching this at night, but it scared the shit out of me and I had to wait until the daylight lol

Man if there was something holding back Twin Peaks, it was the fact that it was a 90s TV show, so if you're gonna do something wild, you gotta do it within the confines of a 4:3 screen, and you're allowed to have like three camera angles MAX. This doesn't have those arbitrary limitations, so it really feels like Twin Peaks is escaping into something that's allowed to be bigger and crazier and more ambitious. And it means you can make it scarier than SHIT. You know when you were a kid and you'd get really excited whenever they adapted a cartoon you love like Rugrats or The Simpsons or SpongeBob into a movie that just busted the hinges right off the door and broke all the rules of what you're supposed to be allowed to do on TV? This movie is that. There's just something crazy about seeing the set of the Palmer living room that you've seen a million times, filmed from an angle you've never seen it, and in widescreen, that really makes it feel so much realer. The whole debate about Twin Peaks being TV or a very long movie is dumb as hell and super exhausting, but I think it comes from people feeling that feeling.

I was originally gonna make my review just something like "what the fuck, David," but I really couldn't help but say more about this. That being said, what the fuck, David??

Daniel liked these reviews