2001: A Space Odyssey

2001: A Space Odyssey

There will be no formality in this review. This is just going to be me trying to express my utter confusion and possible anger. Not sure. Probably won't make sense, not unlike this film. Just kidding. Kinda.

First: happy birthday, Kubrick. I watched this for the first time in honor of his birthday thinking I'd love it because everyone else on this fucking planet seems to.

Second: let me just be honest and get this out of the way, I didn't get it. I didn't get anything about it. I was also very bored. These are embarrassing facts. How do people understand this film from just one viewing and no one to explain it to them? I'd hate to find out I'm terribly vapid and stupid by my lack of understanding 2001, so don't answer that question.

Third: WHAT THE FUCK

Fourth: okay technically it was an amazing film, like in terms of technicality. It's beautiful. Aesthetically and visually, it's breathtaking. The score is legendary. These are all positives.

Fifth: this film has like zero negative reviews. I've never felt more left out in my life! I feel like everyone's in on this huge inside joke and I'm the only one who doesn't get the punchline.

Ok, I'm done. This is the worst review I've ever written and posted but I don't care. I think this film ruined my life.

I'll probably delete this.

Not rating because IDGI.