Grave of the Fireflies

Grave of the Fireflies ★★★★

think there should be a stipulated "emotional fuck feeling happy inbound" discretion before most ghibli films on netflix, this would've devastated me even more than it already did as a child.

What i love most about these ghibli films is their prospects, in 10, 20 or 30 years time, i can reconcile with all these films and appreciate it from a more matured perspective, as well as become more emotional. OF FUCKIN COURSE

grave for the fireflys is one of the most emotionally potent animated films that have ever graced past my eyes. The cinematography and art direction beautifully embellish the story in every way while it pays testament to one of the darkest moments in history.

while ive seen a moderate amount of anime in my life, ive found that a great merit of studio ghibli films is that through all the tribulations, melancholy and victorys that elicit many varied emotions to the audience, theres always a perpetuating succession of calmness, which is usually originating from the empathy and benevolence thats embedded into the characters.

could've maybe had been a bit longer but thats simply me being nit picky, Princess Mononoke is next as promised!

Also also also
thank you to Beby on ebay who i bought a bundle of ghibli dvds from, your note was so kind and i appreciate my 29p overestimated shipping refund!

gwibbly for ghibli #4