Tenet

Tenet ★★½

Watched this at the CINEMA last night. Wow it feels so good to be saying that again. I’d been counting down until I could finally go again and yesterday was that day. I forgot how It just makes a film so much more enjoyable.

Anyways, I really enjoyed Tenet. Confusing, I felt I got the general idea but not the intricacies. It definitely needs a rewatch! John David Washington was brilliant and I especially enjoyed Robert Pattinson. I loved the tone of the film even when I wasn’t sure what was happening it felt so intense. It ranks quite low on my Nolan ranking, which is hardly a bad thing, but it’s still a very solid film.

Having reflected on Tenet for a few months i’ve found the more I think about it, the more I dislike and the more it actually annoys me. Nolan made the plot confusing, which is fine because he usually manages to have some characters that you care for by the end. However, this plot was just too perplexed it seemed to sacrifice emotional attachment. I was too focused on trying to figure out what was going on I had no time to fabricate an attachment to any of the characters which ultimately leads to something that doesn’t stay with me long after viewing. Also, why can’t Nolan write a woman role properly?

Ben liked these reviews