Avengers: Infinity War

I've been with the MCU since the first film. Bright-eyed 10-year-old me going into Iron Man with childish anticipation, his excitement stoked by a decade spent reading battered copies of vintage Marvel Comics, dug out of his primary school stationery cupboard during wet break. Even when I grew out of them (more or less), I still soldiered through Spider-Man: Homecoming and Doctor Strange, determined to see it through till the bitter end, for better or for worse.

As the lights came back on, my girlfriend raised her head from my shoulder, having dozed off, and James straightened himself in his chair. We sat briefly trying to wrap our heads round what we’d just seen. And I suddenly realised that I couldn’t recall a single solitary thing that happened in that film other than the rather vague notion that a lot of people died. I wish I could say more, but there’s nothing to be said. Even if I could remember the plot, I seriously doubt that I could come to any kind of conclusion more meaningful than ‘a lot of people died’.

Ben liked these reviews