Wrath of Man

Wrath of Man ★★★★

Boredoms more dangerous than bullets

First time watch: December 2021
Source: Amazon Prime

Director/Cast/Premise
Wrath of Man is the 2021 action thriller heist film co-written and directed by Guy Ritchie. Loosely based on the 2004 film Cash Truck the film stars Jason Statham, Holt McCallany, Josh Hartnett, Scott Eastwood and Eddie Marsan in a plot that focuses a new cash truck driver who has a mysterious past.

Quick Thoughts
Bloody 'ell, that was unexpected. The heavy ominous score composed by Chris Benstead matches the dark gritty revenge theme that works hard to overcome its thin plot. The fact that I'm far from Jason Stathams biggest fan says alot that I rate Wrath of Man as being my biggest surprise of 2021 yet!

There are no 'good' guys here, it would even be a stretch to call Stathams character an anti-hero, this is about bad people doing bad things but the screenplay places you with 'H' as he seeks vengeance for the death of his son and it works. Making use of flashbacks the audience remains intrigued by the developing story and the action sequences are executed with precision. There is blood on everyone's hands and its thrilling to watch.

There isn't anything original here and as with many Statham titles you get the impression once more thats hes invincible but you simply can't ignore the tremendous storytelling, strong performances and hard hitting themes. Wrath of Man is worth the time and I will be revisiting this.

2020 - 2029 Films List