Zombieland: Double Tap

Zombieland: Double Tap ★½

You know why shes still alive? Coz zombies eat brains and she doesnt have any.

First time watch: October 2020
Source: NowTv

Director Ruben Fleischer returns with Zombieland: Double Tap which includes original cast members Woody Harrelson, Emma Stone, Jessie Eisenberg and Abigail Breslin. In an utter pointless sequel the film plays out the thinnest of plots that wanders through similar scenes providing nothing new as a simple cash grab.

I didn't have much expectations going in, it's not as if the first film was particularly deep or story driven but I had hoped that the sequel had some form of direction. The only direction that existed in this followup was going from location to location killing as many zombies in different ways. It was highly predictable with a lack of effort by all involved. In the end the novelty wore off and I checked out early on.

I hadn't bothered rewatching the first installment before giving the sequel a first time watch but it felt like the effects were actually worse in this one. With only a few entertaining moments it struggled with lazy uninspired writing and a waste of a talented cast.

2010 - 2019 Films List