Kung Fu Panda 3

Kung Fu Panda 3 ★★★★

He must become the ultimate Kung Fu Panda!
Our journey with Poe and his friends the Furious 5 began way back in 2008. I can’t believe it has been that long since we fell in love with the fat and clumsy panda’s character in the first place. If this is indeed the last Kung Fu Panda film then it went out with a great ending. We have had some crazy things in these films, such as an evil Snow Leopard Student, A crazed Peacock, and now a Giant Bull and his army of jade Zombies.
I want to start off this review by saying that I really had a very fun time with this movie. It had its small flaws, such as dragging a bit in a few areas. But, over all I was quite pleased with the outcome.
In this film, Poe reunites with his father, who takes him up into the mountains of China. In these mountains lies a secret Panda village. Poe must learn what it means to be a panda and deal with family issues while also training these fat bears to fight so that they can stop the evil villain Kai from laying waste to all of the Kung Fu masters.
This story was actually a quite engaging one. It didn’t exactly build on the old stories, but it also didn’t detract from them. It stayed pretty similar in its formula. Which, for this movie I didn’t think that was a bad thing at all. All the characters were just as lovable and funny as in the last two films. The humor in the film was also very fun, similar to the other two films but still with some great new gags for us the audience to enjoy, (Especially one certain scene involving Poe and his dad towards the beginning. I was rolling with laughter)
The villain was great. I loved the uniqueness of his fighting style and the loved the way he took the fight to the panda’s. The only thing that didn’t seem unique was his back-story. Be it a bit clichéd, it was still quite solid and not stupid so that’s a good thing.
The most surprising thing to me and actually my favorite part of the film was how much heart filled such a large film. There were moments in the film that made me almost tear up. I found it all very charming and well written and it made me happy.
So over all I really enjoyed this film a lot. It had its pace problems and a bit of a clichéd villain, as well as a few jokes not hitting how they should. But, that being said it is a very fun family friendly film that will make you laugh, possibly cry and have a great time at the movies.