Cruella

Cruella

Okay, so now that more people have seen this masterpiece and I’ve watched it twice, once with my best friend Lucy I wanted to give a take that Lucy and I (mostly Lucy tho) came up with.

Cruella De Vil, in this glorious piece of cinema, is not a girlboss.

Lucy and I had discussed this HEAVILY (mostly her), and we have come to that conclusion.

Spoilers from here on.

Okay, so, Cruella isn’t a girlboss?

Why not??

SHE’S MEANT TO BE A NARCISSISTIC PRICK.

You’re not supposed to idolize her or look up to her (except when she fucking wrecks a police station and wears incredible outfits /hj).

This film is just a narcissistic prick vs. a worse narcissistic prick.

As Cruella says, it’s “killed or be killed”.

You’re not supposed to be like her.

HELL IN THE FILM, HER FRIENDS CALL HER OUT ON HER NARCISSISTIC BULLSHIT.

Jasper and Horris are clearly wanting to be treated better by Cruella.

And when Artie (one of the hottest men alive) first sees this behavior, he doesn’t take Cruella’s side instead opting to just go.

This is just evidence to me that you’re not supposed to look up Cruella’s badness like many pseudo-feminist films before.

What you’re watching when you watch this movie is just bad people fighting each other over shit and hoping one wins over the other because one is a fucking murderer.

So yeah, that’s our (again mostly Lucy’s) take.

Hope it’s a good take.

And if not, WELL I GOT ANOTHER TAKE FOR YOU.

This one I will take credit for proposing but again discussed with Lucy and she kinda found evidence for it, so ig, teamwork.

Okay so, we’ve come to a conclusion about Disney Live Action Remakes/Reboots.

The only good live action Disney remakes are...

THE ONES THAT FEEL LEAST LIKE DISNEYYYY

Just look.

Cruella? I’d say it definitely deals with more mature themes than other live action remakes and it definitely delves deeper into culture (mostly 70s and gay) than other films.

Christopher Robin? From what I remember, I really liked it and it didn’t have the typical whimsical feel from a Disney film.

Pete’s Dragon? Also good and honestly a more realistic (well as realistic as you can get) take on that type of story.

Alice in Wonderland? Okay that one is divisive. But you have to admit it’s pretty mature and dark. Mostly cuz Burton lol.

Hell you could apply this to even non-remakes.

Saving Mr. Banks? It deals with the making of a movie behind the scenes, addiction, and the death of a parent and how it effects a person. It’s pretty mature.

Now take a look at stuff like... Aladdin... it’s just a formulaic Disney film remade beat for beat.

Mulan... don’t even get me STARTED on that shit.

The Lion King... again formulaic and just remade beat for beat.

These all just get the soul sucked outta them and replaced with corporate greed.

But then there’s the occasional piece of art that comes from them. And that is amazing.

Cruella is one of the least Disney, Disney films, and Cruella is a work of art.

CYA LATER MY FELLOW HOMOSEXUALS

And thanks Lucy, I love ya <3
(Again, lots of credit to her)

Killer Queer Daisy 🏳️‍⚧️ liked these reviews