The Room

The Room

The Obvious: This is horrible if you judge this film from the metrics of Filmmaking 101. A burning abomination of soulless character performances, prehistoric quality green screen, disjointed and genric storytelling, and the easy to spot audio hiccups. One of those films that compels you to sit and watch how much worse it gets. Tommy Wiseau's title role is one of the worst acting displays in the long journey of mankind; the bottom of the barrel in conveying emotion and awareness to the audience. Each actor struggles to escape the vocal tone of a bored robot even with the sad and comical use of ADR in many spots. at times the story could almost muster a connective thread but then non-meaning abstract scenes jump in to break the chain. Boring enough to be a new bedtime story for children who need to go to sleep.

The Bright Side: Unitnetionally funny enough to be a cream of the crop contender for bad films ever made. Tommy made me explode in laughter when he lacked the dramatic chops to remain believable in serious moments; his lackadaisical method nature is so unserious that I enjoyed it in a disturbing sense. Most bad films aren't worthy of any space in the plethora of memories stored in your brain but this will be remembered. These people involved didn't have any business being involved in making a piece of art or touching the surface of a camera; something commendable when people who aren't supposed to be in a certain space are able to become a part of it for a short time. To close out, the lack of professionalism and structure is startling but I will use this as a measuring stick in the future when it comes to judging bad films for the rest of my life.

BlackNerdMagic liked this review