Joker ★½

First things first: I’m not a believer in film or video games causing violence. Okay, that’s out of the way, so lets dive in. Joaquin (as much as it pains me to say) is really good, in fact all of the acting is good (save for one person...but that’s for another time). The score is phenomenal and it’s incredibly well shot. But my god, this film absolutely feels like it’s painting Joker as a hero, and it feels like we’re to have understanding for why he does why he does. Like it’s literally forcing you to support him in a way. Maybe that’s just me, and you can ridicule and yell at me all you want.

I’ll touch up more on those complaints once everyone has seen it as I don’t wanna spoil. You can hate me all you want for not enjoying this or for saying what I said, but at the end of the day it feels really muddled to me. Maybe it’s because of all the dumb shit Todd Phillips said leading to the release and making it seem even more like what he’s doing, but even without that I’d still feel it.

We truly live in a society.

Matthias liked these reviews