In the Mood for Love

In the Mood for Love ★★★★★

This is one of very few Criterion films I own, but when my family moved houses we ditched our blu-ray player becayse my whole family just streams movies, so I never got the chance to watch it. Then, I found out that through my school I have access to Kanopy which is supposed to be for, like, research papers and it has all of these independent and foreign films including a good amount of the Criterion collection. So, I’m going to be able to watch a lot of films I haven’t gotten around to because of how inaccessible they were before, including this one.

And wowee wow wow, is this as good as it gets. The score is spectacular, the editing is so unique, the story, the emotions it creates with its cinematography and the actors’ performances is so profound and almost otherworldly...
I love this premise, and I love where it goes, it’s in the Criterion for a reason: because every single future filmmaker should have to watch this a couple times for the creative way this film uses shot-reverse shot alone!

GOOD SHIT.