Scott Pilgrim vs. the World ★★★½

i would like this movie. but in high school i think i gaslit myself into pretending to love it more than i did so that boys would think i was a Cool Girl.

i would like this movie. but in high school i know i saw every single frame of it in over-saturated 2010 gif form over and over and OVER again on t*mblr and i’ve been working hard to block those out.

i would like this movie. but its two taglines are “an epic of epic epicness.” and “get the hot girl. defeat her evil exes. hit love where it hurts.” makes me sick.

i would like this movie. but it heavily implies that gamers should have rights (and i say this as a gamer).

i would like this movie. but i think about the since-deleted tweet that said “scott pilgrim made an entire generation of men undateable” every day of my life.

i would like this movie. but that tweet is true, and now scott pilgrim lookin ass mfs think i’m their manic pixie dream girl and ask for my number while i’m stoned at the City Target. i am willing to be a manic pixie dream girl for the right person, and you are not him, Dude with the Pickle Rick Pin on his Messenger Bag!