Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse ★★★★½

yes the rumors are true .... i genuinely enjoyed a superhero movie for the very first time and— *cameras flash* please, no pictures. this is a very vulnerable time in my life. i will be taking 3 questions and then i must return to my home planet. yes, you in the 40s style fedora with the press pass sticking out of the rim.

reporter: nyehh can you give us the scoop on why you think you enjoyed this one?

great question! i’ve been pondering that myself. i think the message that anyone can be spider-man (or doc ock!) really hit home for me after growing up watching almost exclusively white dude superheroes and villains. the whole premise is basically a Fuck You to everyone who said donald glover couldn’t play spider-man because spider-man is canonically white, and that RULES. also, i am inexplicably extremely attracted to peter b. parker so that helped, i suppose.

reporter: why are you extremely attracted to peter b. parker? isn’t he kind of a huge loser?

i said it was inexplicable. that was a bad question. you have one left.

reporter: wh— *FWOOSH*

oh, i do apologize; it seems my ship is a tad early. *i levitate into the air

reporter: WAIT, you haven’t commented on chris pine’s involvement in the film!

*yelling down as i am beamed up* IT OFFICIALLY CEMENTS HIM IN CHRISTORY AS THE INDISPUTABLE BEST CHRIIIIIIIS

brat liked these reviews