Django Unchained ★★★★½

Another superb addition to Quentin Tarantino's filmography. He just never ceases to amaze me! I admire the director's boldness and how he still manages to shock audiences just like he did with Reservoir Dogs. Django Unchained is very bloody, hilarious at times and just tremendously entertaining from beginning to end. The soundtrack is diverse and matches each scene very well and I loved how the shootout scenes were so over the top with those typical bullet sounds from classic westerns. The dialogues are brilliant as usual and there are countless memorable quotes you can find in this film. Also, there are quite a lot of beautifully shot sequences with some gorgeous landscapes, which are always very nice to see.

Now let's talk about the performances here. I can't decide who made a greater impact on me, because everyone was just superb and totally immersed in their characters. We are not used to see Leonardo DiCaprio in roles like this and he pulled it off very well as the ruthless and despicable plantation owner. Samuel L. Jackson (another very unique performance), Jamie Foxx and Kerry Washington were all excellent and convincing as well. I f I had to pick a favorite one, which is a terribly difficult thing to do, it would have to be Christoph Waltz as the bounty hunter Dr. King Shultz. He steals the show in every scene he's in, with his witty dialogue and incomparable comic timing and delivery.

My expectations were pretty high for Django Unchained and it didn't disappoint at all! Can't wait to see what Tarantino will come up with next.

Bruno liked these reviews