La La Land

La La Land ★★★★★

“Here’s to the ones who dream, foolish as they may seem.”

La La Land and Chazelle’s Whiplash truly made me fall in love with filmmaking and storytelling again. They’re so beautifully crafted and everything is done with such precision and leading to a breathtaking climax. They’re just the type of films that makes you go ‘wow’ and somehow you held your breath throughout the whole thing without noticing.

La La Land is somehow so incredibly unrealistic (hence the title) yet one of the most painstakingly realistic films I’ve seen at the same time. Chazelle you’re making my mind go into overdrive.

The cinematography of this film is truly gorgeous and every frame is so pleasing to look at. The vibrant colours are aesthetically pleasing. The SCORE is probably one of, if not the best score of this decade (at least).

Emma Stone’s performance is absolutely astonishing, she is such a talented actress and I felt every emotion Mia was feeling and you can see the thoughts go through her mind on her face. Obviously Mr. Gosling’s performance is also incredible and I feel it is oscar-worthy. He was robbed.

The entire ‘epilogue’ sequence is amazing I genuinely can never take my eyes off the screen as it all unfolds and my heart shatters every time it ends. ‘Planetarium’ is also one of the best scenes in this film. They just don’t make films like this anymore!

I would also like to say thank you to Mr. Chazelle for making me realise jazz is the superior music genre. Also for teaching me about how angry jazz musicians are. And also for teaching me about Charlie Parker getting a cymbal thrown at his head. That is all.

🥀 liked these reviews