Avengers: Endgame

Avengers: Endgame ★★★★★

"Someone peed my suit! Not sure if it was the baby-me or the old me. Or was it just me-me?"

I was impressed as all hell in just how well Endgame wrapped everything up for the core group of Avengers that started the MCU. Not everyone's story resolves as satisfyingly as the others, but the fact that they were resolved at all was a nice surprise.

There are pesky issues with the jump forward of five years after the initial scene: Peter Parker's schoolmates don't seem to have graduated in his absence, but they may have a good reason for all of them once we get into the next phase of films. We'll just have to wait and see. I have faith in Kevin Feige, though, as he seems to have given these films a lot of thought. It's frustrating at times when we lose a director or writer due to creative differences, but Feige does a tremendous job of keeping the universe cohesive, so it seems that those losses are worthwhile. If only DC had gone that route...

I'll miss the sight of some of these characters whose stories have moved on, but there's nothing saying that they can't pop up again in the future. It'll be exciting to see what they come up with next.

bulletproofQpid liked these reviews