Solo: A Star Wars Story ★★★

"Get your presumptuous ass out of my seat!"

Watching Solo, one can't help but wonder what it would have been like if Lord and Miller had been able to finish their version of it. It starts out less than stellar, but, thankfully, things get much better after Han leaves Corellia and meets Chewie. Their first meeting itself is a bit pained at the start, but I warmed up to it a bit as the scene went on. It's the first time we've really seen Chewie fight beyond just grabbing someone's throat and lifting them.

Donald Glover is great as Lando. I'd heard that he was, but I never expected him to be as good as he is. His relationship with L3-37 is a lot of fun as well. She was a very nice surprise.

It was nice to see the Millennium Falcon all shiny and new with all of its parts in all the right places, but I have to admit that I like the look of it better after Han's roughed it up a bit and made it the piece of shit that we all know as home. All in all, it wasn't necessary, I don't know if we're ever going to find out where some of the subplots are going, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I had a decent time with it.

bulletproofQpid liked these reviews