Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse ★★★★★

"This kid can turn himself invisible! Watch this, he can do it... Now!"
"I can't do it on command."
"He can't do it on command! But it is cool. Show them the zappy thing, Miles."
"I can't do it on command."
"He can't do it on command! But he can do so much more, like what else do you do?"
"Just those two things."
"Just those two things."

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is the best Spider-Man movie ever and it only took Sony six tries to do it. It also seems like the first of those tries that they got the right people to write it and direct it, but I'm sure that has little to do with how good it is in comparison to the previous five attempts, right? Riiiiiiight…

Anyway, the film feels very much like watching a comic book turn its own pages in front of you, the art changing in style for each universe's rendition of Spider-Man. The voicework is top notch, the score is the most appealing of any of the Spider-Man films, including the Disney/Marvel one and the humor is fitting to the character and story. It even looks fantastic in 3-D. I had little to no interest in this when I first heard that it was coming, but I'm glad that I saw it on the big screen. If they keep doing things right like they did this time, they're going to steal Disney/Marvel's thunder.

bulletproofQpid liked these reviews