Tenet

Tenet ★★★★

"Don't try and understand it. Feel it."

Tenet is a great film, with deep complex concepts to unravel well after the credits roll. Low ratings with criticism of the film's "over the top confusion" is more indicative of an audience that has been spoon-fed brainlessly simple ideas for far too long than any legitimate flaw in Christopher Nolan sculpture of a flowing and seamless narrative thread.

Despite its complexity, which I believe is an asset, the film is perfectly paced, the actors, especially Protagonist (John David Washington) and Neil (Robert Pattinson) bring a fluid confidence that assures the audience that at the very least the characters understand "inversion" even if we don't fully, the cinematography and score also hold up their weight alongside the driving narrative.

There is a understandable concern that the mix is not inducive to assisting the audience in understanding the various exposition dumps that occur throughout the film, however this could vary widely depending on the sound system used when viewing and in any event it did not detract from my overall enjoyment of the film.

Overall, Tenet is demonstrating a brilliant stroke of commercial genius on Christopher Nolan's part, make a film so confusing, yet enjoyable that viewers MUST go back for a second viewing.

Block or Report