Blade Runner 2049 ★★★★

I think I know now what bothers me the most about Blade Runner 2049. Yes it is beautiful and that’s even an understatement. If Roger Deakins doesn’t get the Oscar for his breathtaking cinematography the academy must be blind.
But where the original was gritty gloomy and atmospheric thick as hell, is now cold, sterile and somehow lifeless. That’s the reason 2049 is nowhere near as atmospheric as the original Blade Runner
The second thing is that 2049 was reeeally long. Not because it was slow paced, but because I was never fully engaged in the story. Unlike to the original.
Everything else was great. Blade Runner 2049 is an audiovisual masterpiece. The Vangelis infused soundtrack by Hans Zimmer and Benjamin Wallfisch is brilliant.
The actors and actresses are fine. Ana de Armas surprised me the most with her nuanced acting. Who would have thought that chick from Knock Knock could act that well?! Harrison Ford was willing to act and enjoyed it apparently. There is no comparison to his performance in TFA.
I can’t help people who won’t see this in the theatre. Watch it. Have fun.
Denis you did it again!