Lady Bird

Lady Bird ★★★★★

I don't even know how many times I've seen this film at this point... so I'm just gonna write some things that really stood out to me during this watching.

Okay when Danny reads in church, he's discussing God giving Abraham the stars, or at least that his descendants will be as many as the stars. And like with Danny and Lady Bird, they had one star, Bruce. I don't know if there's any specific connection there but that brought a tear to my eye especially because in that moment Lady Bird is reading and is completely unaware of what Danny is saying and... I don't know it's just so sad how fast people can leaves our lives, especially when they were a big part of it.

When Lady Bird is talking to Kyle, she seems so upbeat compared to when she talks to Danny or Julie. Not in the way that she's more excited to be around Kyle than Danny or Julie, but in the way that he's so negative and pessimistic that she seems like a regular optimist next to him.

Also, there's a voice played over the last track while Lady Bird is driving through Sacramento and it's faint but it sounds like and feels like Marion talking to Lady Bird... and in a way that's how they speak to each other in the end and connect... through Sacramento.

Thanks "Lady Bird" and Greta Gerwig for another beautiful watch. This film will always have my heart... and be my heart.

caitlin liked these reviews