Deadpool 2 ★★★

An obnoxious, yet entertaining comedy full of violence and meta jokes. Not really original or groundbreaking in any way, but it was never pretending to be.

This movie is really dumb, and it works best when it uses that to its advantage. Cable's very serious backstory is so forgettable, as is much of the surrounding plot with the Julian Dennison character. The jokes are so constant, that about half of them don't land, but that's okay with me.

The skydiving sequence is a standout moment (particularly due to everything Rob Delaney is, does, says, and represents), but I found myself being taken out of the movie way too frequently due to the horrible CGI. The prison car scene was really cool, but the visual effects just looked awful in certain shots.

Ryan Reynolds does really well overall, and Zazie Beetz is a welcome addition to the franchise as the luckily badass Domino.

I had a good time watching this movie, but I think it'll be quite forgettable compared to the first one, save for a few moments here and there, especially the final post credits bit (that was genius).

Full thoughts on the WE BOUGHT A MIC podcast.

Ernest liked this review