Thor: Ragnarok

Thor: Ragnarok ★★★★

After a couple duds that felt more like a part of a machine than a movie, Marvel films are slowly becoming more and more individualized in the directors style, Thor: Ragnarok is a prime example of it. This film SCREAMS Taika Watiti. His special brand of humour shines through in the scene stealing Korg and hilarious improvisation between characters.

Along with Korg, we're introduced to some more new characters. Jeff Goldblums "Grandmaster" is the best thing on this entire planet. It's like the most Jeff Goldblum, Jeff Goldblum can be. Valkyrie is fucking awesome. It's how Lady Sif should of been if I'm honest. Fucking bad ass. On the other end of this I thought Karl Urbans character wasn't as good as it could of been and pretty much wasted. We also suffer from Marvel villain syndrome, yet again. Hella isn't a great bad guy and the threat in this film just isn't there. While the fight scenes are top notch, over the top and awesome, you feel absolutely no of danger which isn't great.

On the whole though, Thor: Ragnarok is actually a really good movie. It's not a great action movie but it's a hilarious comedy from start to finish. It refreshed Thor and gave one of the most promising directors their first big budget movie.... And it's fucking awesome.

Block or Report