2001: A Space Odyssey

2001: A Space Odyssey ★★★★★

As some might know, 2001 Space Odyssey is my favorite movie of all time. Yeah I know a very film bro to say or very basic, but it’s true I love every minute of this movie and how unique it is compared to other films.

I think the reason why I love this movie is, because it confuses me and makes me think so much and leaves me wanting more. I noticed that my top favorite movies all have something in common and that’s; mystery, confusion, complexity and multiple layers of meaning. 2001 Space Odyssey is all of that and more leaving audiences to interpret The film however they see fit, because there is no concrete answer or wrong interpretation, at least that’s what I think. I mean that’s probably what Kubrick wanted to have the audiences wild imagination manifest its own interpretation and yes there is structure and definition to what the movie is, however the film itself never explains anything and we are left to assume and speculate how events played out and what meaning is behind it all.

That’s how 2001 Space Odyssey works, it’s packed with multiple pieces that bring out its story, like how classical music sometimes feels like a character watching the world evolve and how the film doesn’t have a natural linear storyline instead it has 4 different phases and each phase has its own unique pieces that connect to the overall film. The film just looks so beautiful too, with so much set design and smart camera techniques that make the film just feel so real and breathtaking and let’s not forget that the film itself also feels like “alive” aware that it has Incongruency‘s throughout the film and at one point corrects itself and subtlety brakes the 4th wall, all of this combined with an ending that leaves everyone wondering and questioning themselves, “what did I just watch?” All of this is what makes 2001 a masterpiece without a shadow of a doubt.

Now what do I think of it and how do I interpret everything? Well honestly I’m not too sure. I’ve seen this movie multiple times and each viewing still has me guessing and asking questions at first I thought it was another example of “humanity vs technology” The reason why I thought this was, because over the years technology has helped mankind overcome adversity and help us evolve faster and be more efficient, however technology has also destroyed mankind and we became to reliant on it. An example of this is the cut from the ape throwing a bone up into the air, the bone that was used as a weapon to defeat a rival tribe and signify the first to use of technology, too a spacecraft in space. The transition from both these elements felt so jarring and out of place, it feels like it doesn’t make sense, but that’s how fast technology helped mankind, in the blink of an eye we where able to turn this bone into a fully functional ship and through this we are able to create artificial life. You can see where I’m going with this so I’ll stop here *cough* HAL *cough* HAL...... Anyway that was my initial impressions of the film everything else was just a mystery to me, overtime I kinda accepted the idea that the monolith was a precursor to next stage of human evolution. Now I’m not so sure of anything, perhaps the monolith is the representation of God or simply A mixture of an artificial being with a living spirit, maybe the place where David stayed in he’s final moments isn’t actually a simple room but rather a void to morph what we can comprehend or how the Star Child is just actually David soul coming back to earth and back into he’s mother womb and repeating his life and he actually didn’t reach enlightenment. who knows and who’s to say that’s not what it means, at the end of the day, for me the end too 2001 Space Odyssey is what could happen if we explore the vast of space, of course not literally could happen, but an example of something smiler could happen, we have so much to explore when it comes to space and so much mysteries to solve and probably unknown Scientific Laws to discover. We haven’t reached the peck of humanity, we still have a lot of room to grow and that to me is was the ending means. A what if and a precursor of what’s to come.
That’s what “I” think 2001: A Space Odyssey is.

I guess that’s all I gotta say, there is so much I would like to talk about and so much I wanted to discuss about, but as you guys know I’m not well educated in speech and I don’t have the right words to to say how I feel, nor do I feel like I’m capable of expressing the meaning behind everything. Now I’m not trying to put myself down or anything like that you guys know I’m not afraid of being correct or having misspellings or not making any sense at all and say shit out of my ass (perhaps I already did in this review) I just want to be extra careful with this one since I love this movie so god damn much and I don’t care for everything else 😂
Yeah that’s it that’s the the review fuck off and give me a likie please❤️

Edit: Hahah remember that I said I would post this on June first? 😂 get baited i forgot!!! How cancerous!! Sorry about that

Edit again: I got to see this bad boy in 70mm in the music box at Chicago!! It was fucking epic!!! The greatest experience of my life!!! Just thought I’d flex a bit

Cancer liked these reviews