Star Wars: The Last Jedi ★★★★½

Well I guess my rule of two viewings is alive and well with the Last Jedi seeing as that upon my second viewing of this movie nearly all of my addition problems have faded away whilst all of my positives have magnified! The Last Jedi is a brilliant and wholeheartedly original new addition to the Star Wars universe that defies expectation whilst taking you down paths you never would have anticipated! The Last Jedi is a Star Wars film that focuses on that grey side of the force, that middle ground where you could be turned to either side frighteningly easily elevating the idea of the force to new heights in my mind. I also love the focus this movie also puts on that War part of the title because this movie actually has a lot to say about war making it so much more than just some black and white goods guys vs bad guys extravaganza! I also love the way this movie develops these characters further into their own stories, Poe having MUCH more to do this time around, Finn going off on his own adventure turning him into an all out war hero, BB-8 with his battle with gambling and of course the amazing development between Rey and Kylo Ren that goes to places I never would have imagined and grows these characters naturally and powerfully leaving me wanting more and more! All that being said the absolute best part of this movie is Mark Hamills broken down Luke Skywalker, this movie is an absolute character study of him which I found endlessly fascinating, they took him to all the right places and Mark Hamill has never been better as this character and I couldn’t be more in awe of him! And on top of all that there’s all the little things I adored about this movie, the different adventures it took, the beautiful and fascinating new planets it took us to, the action that had my jaw dropping on muiltple occasions and what I do believe is the best creature designs in any Star Wars movies to date! I am Porg trash and proud! Overall I think this movie is brilliant, I love the way everything was handled and I loved that it wasn’t afraid to take risks and make me question aspects of it, this is the feeling I ache for in movies like this and I was overwhelmed by it here! My only problems left are so minuscule that they hardly even matter at this point so regardless of them I’d have to say this is one of the greatest Star Wars movies I’ve ever seen and I can’t wait for more!