Ready Player One

Ready Player One ★★★★

I wanted to go see a movie for my birthday today and thought why not this one. I was really not expecting this to blow me away as much as it did. I would highly suggest watching this in a theatre for an amazing experience. easily one of the most fun and ambitious blockbuster in years.

ready player one is both innovative and reflective. innovative in the way of filmmaking and animation, reflective of past pop culture eras. it seemlessly blended everything we’ve come to know and love from video games, movies, television, etc, into such an incredible experience. there was rarely a dull moment in this, and even the slower parts had great pacing leading up to some of the most entertaining scenes. i absolutely loved all the characters in this and how interesting they all were, especially  Samantha (Art3mis) and Wade (Parzival). their relationship and interaction, aided with the incredible performances of tye sheridan and olivia cooke, was so well developed throughout all of it. the references and pop culture in this was well executed, instantly spotting things you love mixed within the story was both satisfying and nostalgic. I went into this not knowing what to expect, and went out with my expectations blown away. would highly suggest this for both an entertaining and fun time.

carsten liked these reviews