Casey Malone’s review published on Letterboxd:
- I never saw this as a kid (I was 9, and not allowed to watch R-Rated movies for like another 5 years), so I don't think I have the same overall reverence for it that every other guy my age does.
- The pure craft on display in this movie is mind boggling. A lot of effects (even the practical ones) don't hold up today, but holy shit all the stunts are still impressive logistical nightmares I can't believe anyone had the gal to attempt, let alone pull off.
- Some of the narrative conceits are genius. Making the T-800 a good guy works on 100 different levels for the story, least of all the pretty brilliant bait and switch in the first 15 minutes.
- The dialog, however, sucks.
- The movie kind of drags in the middle? Maybe it's just that this thing is so god damned long.
- I still like the first one better.