Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood

Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood ★★★★

A great slow burner.

I say slow burner, as to my ignorance I guess, I knew nothing at all really of the background to the film. I read plenty afterwards so I think that will help my next viewing of it.

The film itself is a joy to watch. So well written and perfectly casted. Brad Pitt ( and his lovely dog) stole the show for me.
It felt like I was watching a great film, but one I had no idea where it was going, and when it did get going, that was incredible.

While I was watching it I was thinking this wasn’t as good as some other Tarantino titles. I remember the first time I saw Inglorious Bastards, Kill Bill 1 & 2 and Pulp Fiction.  I was thinking (worried) that I wasn’t going to remember this, but I think that’s my own fault for not knowing any of the back story. I plan on seeing it again this week and I feel it will now be like watching it for the first time again. There’s tonnes of details to be picked up.

The whole time of this is perfect. The various settings had me right there in LA in the 60’s.

I guess I didn’t need to be worried about remembering the first time I saw this film, I’ve been reading up and talking so much about it since I saw it yesterday. This is probably the best movie of the year, but honestly the competition has not been great.

🔥