Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World ★★★★★

Action. Comedy. Romance. Video games.

Scott Pilgrim fights for the girl he falls for. In my experience a relationship begins with a fight - cblaze vs. his insecurities! Fight! Why's she choosing me? I will definitely screw this up! I'm not good enough! I can't live up to her expectations! She's got a past!! What if one of those evil exe's come strolling back in? They have a history... I can't compete with their inside jokes... I'm defeated.

I have learned that we all do something like this - so I hardly feel like what I just said is some sad, special confessional. It's just that's kind of how I view the Scott Pilgrim. He's fighting a lot of his own demons throughout and that's pretty cool that it gets called out at times.

I'm still shocked that this film bombed at the box office. It's so energetic and fun. I can barely control myself when Kim first shouts "We are Sex Bob-Omb! One, two, three, four!!!" and the opening credits blast through the screen. I'm smiling ear to ear with tears forming in my eyes - it's just so fucking joyous! It's just so fucking amazing!!

It's so layered with sound effects and jokes! The action is so dynamic and unique - it's probably far and away my favorite CG based action film! It's fucking rockin' too! The Scott Pilgrim soundtrack is one of my favorite soundtracks of all time! That cast is also something very very special too... Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kieran Culkin, Brie Larson, Chris Evans, Allison Pill, Ellen Wong, Jason Schwartzman!! I get the feeling that Michael Cera is simply not everyone's cuppa - but c'mon - he was perfect in this role!

The only thing I would change about this movie - is I'd make Simon Pegg and Nick Frost the vegan police. That's literally it! Otherwise it's the perfect Edgar Wright film! I love this movie! Bye!

cblaze liked these reviews