Carrie

👎🏻

I obviously know I'm in the minority on this but honest to God, I thought this movie was terrible. I couldn't find hardly any pros. I know this film came out 43 years ago but I just don't think it has aged well at all. I'm not taking anything away from Stephen King. I've never read any of his books and I'm sure the book does this way more justice. But I couldn't help but think of other Stephen King projects that were turned into films while watching this. The Shining, It, Shawshank Redemption, and Stand by Me in particular. They are all incredible in my opinion and extremely well done. This movie was so fucking boring at times, I didn't know if this was about Carrie or literally everyone else around her. It just felt like she didn't get a lot of screen time. I read the synopsis of the book and it sounds like Carrie wreaked havoc on the entire town instead of what happened in the movie. I wanted more of that for sure. I was extremely underwhelmed at the pacing and how long it took for Carrie to do anything with her "abilities". I thought the character motives were scattered and all over the place. So much so, that this movie never really evoked anything from me. A gang of teenagers want to terrorize and embarrass a social outcast because she had her period? I know this is considered a "classic" but I just couldn't see why. Still glad I watched it but boy oh boy, probably won't happen ever again. 1 star for the music which was wonderful. Honestly, it was the bright spot of this entire movie and really drew me in. And 1 star for the iconic pig blood scene.