The Lone Ranger

The Lone Ranger ★★½

To say the least, The Lone Ranger was a lot better than I thought it was going to be, but it really is one long film; there was a whole other story that begun after I thought the film had ended, and I really don't remember what it was about. Nevertheless, The Lone Ranger is a great western full of some really decent action scenes, but it's also very family-friendly so it could have done better to appeal to an older audience.

From the men who gave us Pirates of the Caribbean, The Lone Ranger isn't quite as an exhilarating adventure as Depp's fantastic pirate franchise, but it certainly gallops along quite nicely. If there are to be more films, however, The Lone Ranger is not a protagonist I'm excited by, not with the superheroes we see leading the action adventures of today. I don't think the film quite captured the character of The Lone Ranger strongly enough, but it was fun enough for a younger audience to enjoy.

Armie Hammer leads the film well enough for his first big performance, but it was Johnny Depp as his trusty sidekick who kept me interested.