The movie I would have liked was buried somewhere in here. Like so many times it almost captured something I liked, but every time it failed. Ugh and it sucks because this poster is so freaking good!! Good posters shouldn't happen to mediocre films.
Reasons why Letterboxd should take this film more seriously:
- Ron Howard's best film. Can you think of something better? I can't.
- One of three Oscar noms Jim Carrey was robbed of.
- I'm sorry but the script is funny as hell and makes this trainwreck so pleasing.
- Utter madness on the screen.
- ORIGINAL SONG "WHERE ARE YOU CHRISTMAS" SANG BY THE TALENTED FAITH HILL (and co written by the Queen of Christmas herself, Mariah Carey)
“There is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it.”
- Alfred Hitchcock
This film was just so magnificent for me to watch on the big screen. I was utterly spooked, but my friends not so much. I tried to tell them all of the reasons why it horrified me so much, but they just didn't get it. The audience I saw it with did not particularly like it either. That was probably one of the first…