Cannibal Holocaust

Cannibal Holocaust ★★★★½

“I wonder who the real cannibals are?”

Cannibal Holocaust, how does one even begin to review this? I’m sitting here twiddling my thumbs over my phone, listening to the most satisfying score, and kinda baffled at myself that I thought Cannibal Ferox was the better film for years (lol, I know) but you have to admit it’s fun (to an extent) and Giovanni makes it slightly more appealing (so I thought!)
On the other hand, Holocaust doesn’t take a second out of its runtime to be fun, there’s nothing funny, nothing cheesy, nothing hopeful about this and that’s what makes it undeniably charming to those who can stomach the harsh reality portrayed over the course of an hour and 35 minutes. From the found footage format, to its traumatizing violence, and honestly...just its impactful history over the years, obviously makes this the greatest cannibal film ever made.
Will I watch this again immediately? Probably not because it shouldn’t be viewed as a go-to film, more so as an experience since that’s what it truly is. As for Ferox, it’s a “background noise” kind of film.
Big difference.
Both are still fucking disturbing though.
Cannibal Holocaust totally wins this time around... what the fuck was I thinking?
*can not bring myself to rate this 5 stars for obvious reasons*

“You did it, goddamn it.”
“They just invited us to dinner.”
“They what?”

I really need that Grindhouse bluray. Ugh
Cut and Run next?

c h r i s🫀 liked these reviews