The Babadook ★★★★

If it's in a word. Or it's in a look. You can't get rid of ... The Babadook.

This movie still manages to give me the creeps! I love it. The loud bangs and out of control yelling and screaming from one of our characters, can either leave you with a lingering headache or grasp your attention even harder than it already has. Even though Noah Wiseman who plays Samuel, the young boy in the movie, is more noticed for his uncontrollable behavior and constant need of attention, he really blew my mind with how believable he was. The Babadook is pretty effective and continues to make you feel overwhelmed and sorry for its characters.

Amelia (Essie Davis) a single-warn out mother, recently lost her husband leaving her to take care of her son Samuel (Noah Wiseman) a 7 year old boy with an undying fear of monsters and a love for magicians. Samuel, having the need to be read a bedtime story every single night he pulls out from his book shelf an unfamiliar book called Mister Bababook, as Amelia starts reading you can already tell she is frightened by the pictures and rhyming words this story is saying. She eventually hides the book from Samuel, but of course, the book comes back and the Babadook comes out to play.

Leaving room for interpretation as to what possibly could happen after the story unfolds, I found myself a bit confused and still confused even after my third watch. Could it be psychological? Maybe. I STILL DON'T KNOW.

chris_ofdeath liked these reviews