Blinded by the Light ★★★★★

The most inspiring movie I have seen in a long time. This is for anybody who dreams of being an artist (or anything else that seems out of reach) in spite of how unlikely it might seem to be and of all the pressures of your family, friends and the political world around you. Sometimes you just need someone to tell you that you are good enough and deserve to do what you want to do. Bruce Springsteen spoke to Javed through his music, as with me and many others, to inspire him to follow his dreams. The relationship between a person and an artist and their work is a very personal one, and this movie is the most loving portrayal I've seen of it. The entire movie is just incredibly delightful, I'm just so happy it exists. All the music cues are amazing, particularly when he listens to Dancing in the Dark for the first time since I had that same experience last summer, and with Thunder Road. Please see this movie in theaters if you can, you can support a movie made by about persons of color, a woman director and the Boss. You can't go wrong! It's also nice to have a movie this full of heart and earn every emotional beat like this. One of my favorites of the year.

Chris liked these reviews